Monday, August 24, 2009

my best friends poem for me

The weekend we met how could I have known

I saw you that first time standing alone

I was new to the crowd and a little bit scared

I needed a friend who really cared

I never thought it would be you who'd come when I was down

I always felt if my life flooded you'd just let me drown

I don't know how it happened,

you were suddenly my best friend

I sat and listened to you cry

Your broken heart I tried to mend

You told me about the girl you loved

I told you be patient

I told you, you could always depend on me

One night we were talking about something she'd done

I had known I use to like you but then it hit me all in one

Suddenly I knew I loved you more than life itself

I love you more than words can say

I think about you everyday

You are my best friend and I hate to see you cry

and whoever girl you marry

she's the luckiest girl I've ever known

But just know you're never on your own

I love you, my best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment